Friday, August 29, 2008

graduation from puppy kindergarten

I don't know how it happened, but despite my most firm determination to have the most well behaved puppy in the world, I somehow have quite possibly the naughtiest, sassiest dog in the world. I keep hearing these stories of people who love the challenge of a strong willed dog. Who are these people, and why do they feel this way?! Lola and I just finished the 8 week puppy class at Pet Smart. Lola knows every command. Every one. Smart as a whip and when she feels like it, obeys like she's supposed to. And she has been socialized almost daily with other dogs and people since she was 8 weeks 4 days (Oh yes, I know to the day). And yet why is it that every dog in the neighborhood is mild mannered and polite and I have the tornado of the townhouse complex?

Our trainer said to me, "Oh I love dogs with attitude. Lola is hilarious." Well I told Sarah she was welcome to come live here, because Lola worships the ground she walks on. Lola sits at Sarah's feet the entire class and gazes adoringly up at her while she talks. Sarah says she has that effect on all dogs because she's the fun treat lady, but no other dogs hang on her every word like Lola.

She is 5 months. 5 months. Just 5 months, Whitney. It will get better.





Posted by Picasa


1 comment:

testing said...

Go lola!! She looks cute in the last photo!