Tuesday, January 8, 2008

the news is in....

and it's not good. For anyone who is feeling sympathy to spare, send it my way would ya. Found out that I need a new hard drive and operating system on the laptop. Less than 2 years old. 2 years!!! I decided to bite the bullet and have it repaired though because the cost is less than a new laptop, and according to the computer doctor, it will run better than new. And they were able to recover 16 gigs worth of files. No way of telling which files of course. That's helpful. Makes me think of some sort of twisted game show. Guess which files I still have and which are lost forever?!? In other news, I forgot my camera Thursday and am waiting for some pics, but all in all, the evening was a success. This week all 3 of us will be there, so that should be fun too.

And while I have your attention, I have another thing on my mind. What is with the Weight Watchers Carrot Cake deals worth 1 point?! I was feeling especially carb binge-y the other day and was wandering the pastry section of Target. Came away with a big plastic tub of gingerbread cookies and then started feeling guilty so I picked up a Weight Watchers dessert right next to it. I love how they have them next to each other. Who wants a Weight Watchers dessert when 4 rows of real desserts are right there? Well me obviously because I did come away with some carrot cake. Now I don't do Weight Watchers, but crimeny....of course they're one point. They're one bite. So I had 4 or 5 points worth of carrot cake tonight. I lost track somewhere after 3.

4 comments:

Keven & Alicia said...

Oh, you are a funny funny girl. I would NOT however, waste any points on carrot cake:)
Thanks for the laugh tonight.

love you.

LDraper said...

I agree with Lish! Carrot cake isn't worth it! :)
I just found out after almost 8 years of marriage that Carrot Cake is Sean's FAVORITE. WHAT?

Whitney said...

really?? neither of you do carrot cake? yummmmm.....:o) That reminds me. I have 2 points left of it in the box. Off I go, hahaha.

Keven & Alicia said...

Have you had the brownie bites from Costco....now those are some bites worth having!